Friday, April 27, 2012

Wine Aerator & Tomato Knife


Rio Seco Malbec
Every few months I'll order wine from the internet. This bottle came from the latest shipment. I'll order if it comes to less than $10/bottle. All of them have been okay, not outstanding. The only company that I didn't like the majority of the wines was Giordano Winery. This Rio Seco Malbec was more enjoyable after being put through this aerator:
Wine Aerator
Before the aerator the wine tasted a bit like cough medicine. After it was drinkable, but I wouldn't but it again. I did use it in my meatloaf and it worked well in there. As for the aerator, I definitely notice a difference when using it. What I do is pour about half an ounce without the aerator and sip. If I'm unsure about the taste I put another half an ounce through the aerator and compare. The majority of the time I prefer the aerated version. I enjoy using it. With the particular aerator, I did have some staining on the white paper that you can see on the inner ring. It didn't bother me, but thought you should know.
Another thought regarding liquor...I'm in the midst of trying to lose some weight and don't want to give up on my alcohol consumption. I've already conceded to not drinking during the week (well, mostly). I also read any article I come across on the subject. I found the below article pretty helpful so thought I would pass it along:
Everyday Health Alcohol article
Now, on to today's gadget...
Pampered Chef Tomato Knife
I used to never eat tomatoes. I grew up eating only ketchup and tomato sauce for pasta. However, since being on the South Beach diet I have learned to enjoy tomatoes. Well, they do say your taste buds change every seven years, right? I started to like tomatoes in my scrambled eggs and even used them to replace eating ketchup with my eggs. After realizing I now like tomatoes I became jealous of my mother's tomato knife. I learned that it cut so easily through the skin of the tomato. Once I received my own knife, it cut the tomato so thin! It comes with its own protective sleeve. Though I just got my own tomato knife, my mother has had her own for a few years and it is still as sharp.
Just the right size
If you eat a lot of tomatoes I highly recommend this knife. It particularly comes in handy if you are using tomato slices for presentation.
- C

No comments:

Post a Comment