Saturday, March 31, 2012

Olive Slicer and Tomato Corer

Pama Martini

Pama Martini 

1.5oz each of Pama Pomegranate & Skyy vodka
.25oz triple sec
Shake with ice and strain into a martini glass with lemon zest (as obvious above, I need to improve my zesting skills!).
This drink is a bit too sweet. Try adding .5oz cranberry juice to make the pomegranate flavor pop!

Now, on to our tools...
 Egg Slicer
So today I was making a taco salad that called for chopped black olives. I didn't feel like using the knife and decided to try my hard boiled egg slicer. I was able to fit three olives at a time. This device opens so you can place the egg (or olives) into the 'nest' and then you close the wire top over it. It worked well for making chunky black olives for a salad, but the pieces were not even or tiny if that is what you are looking for. Also, once the wire top would raise I would sometimes have to push the bottom olives all the way through so they would be completely cut. Overall it saved me time and I rarely pass up an opportunity to use a gadget. *I've also used this tool for mushrooms.

And one more for today...
Tomato Corer
My salad also called for grape tomatoes, but I don't like grape tomatoes. I think it's all the skin I don't care for. Instead I decided to chop a whole tomato. Before chopping I used the bottom part of the above tool to remove the core of the tomato on top and the nub on the bottom as well. Could a knife do this? Sure, but using the gadget is always more fun! *The top part of this tool is a melon baller which works well also.

Both of these tools are from Pampered Chef.
- C

No comments:

Post a Comment